14th to 17th October at the University Drama Studio doors open at 7pm for a prompt 7.30pm start.
Lies, flattery, threats, intimidation, four desperate estate agents will do anything to sell. Mamet's Pulitzer Prize winning play is edgy, exhilarating and blackly comic as the characters plot, plead, and betray each other in a paradigm of the energy and cruelty of capitalism in action. Contains very strong language throughout.
Cast of characters
- Shelley "The Machine" Levene - Ken Rowe
- A once successful salesman who is as far as the high pressure atmosphere of this sales office is concerned is over the hill. Needs to be making more sales to support his family.
- Rachel Roma - Suzie James
- Caricature of the definitive amoral salesman he uses customers weaknesses against them cracking them open to make the sale.
- Dave Moss - Ian Fallon
- He is living in a blame culture and it is someone else's fault.
- George Aaronow - Craig Walton
- Well meaning and timid, apt to be pressured into things by Dave
- John Williamson - John Lowry
- He is the office manager. Is not seen as one of them by the salesmen and resented as he rations the sales leads.
- Blake - Lizzie Bater
- A sales consultant sent by head office to give the salesmen a kick up the backside created for the film and will be inserted into the play for this production.
- Jane Lingk - Alison Munro
- One of Ricky Roma's clients. Always seems to be a puppet for someone else.
- Baylen - Alex Moore
- Investigates a break in during Act 2